This is the homepage of the Working Class History podcast: a podcast about all of those who have fought for a better world.
To get exclusive early access to all of our episodes, as well as special bonus episodes and other benefits, you can support us and listen on patreon here.
You can listen directly on our website and browse all our episodes in the podcast tag of our website here.
We are also on the following podcast outlets, and many others, so please subscribe today:
- Apple Podcasts | RSS | Spotify | Amazon Music | Castbox | Google Podcasts | Overcast | Pocket Casts | Podbean | Radio Public | TuneIn
If you’re new to our podcast and don’t know where to start, here are some of our best episodes which we recommend checking out first, depending on which subject interests you most:
- E21-24: WCH Crime: The Columbia Eagle mutiny – about the hijacking of a ship full of napalm by two anti-war US sailors during the Vietnam war.
- E20: The Exotic Dancers Union – about strippers who successfully unionised their workplace, then took it over.
- E25-26: The Stonewall riots and Pride at 50 – about the Stonewall LGBT+ rebellion in New York City in 1969 and the birth of Pride and the gay liberation movement.
- E48-49: Green bans – about construction workers in Australia in the 1970s refusing to undertake environmentally or socially destructive development.
- E41-42: The Portuguese revolution – about the Carnation revolution of 1974-5 which overthrew the right-wing Estado Novo dictatorship and the Portuguese empire.
- E33-34: Asian youth movements in Bradford – about young people, mostly of South Asian descent in Bradford, England organising and fighting white supremacists and state racism.
- E30-31: The Hong Kong riots, 1967 – about the rebellion against British colonial rule on the island which won significant improvements in everyday life.
- E27-29: Lesbians and Gays Support the Miners – about the young LGBT+ people who transformed the workers’ movement supporting the UK strike of coalminers in 1984-5.
We are also on most other podcast apps, just search “Working Class History”. If we are not on your favourite app, send us an email (address below) to let us know so we can try to sort it.
Please give us a 5 star review on Apple podcasts, Spotify or your preferred podcast app, Share our episodes on social media, and do you have a story for us? If you would like to be interviewed, or have any feedback or questions please just drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Class Literature
You can listen and subscribe to our sister podcast, Working Class Literature, in the following ways. You can also find it on most other podcast apps: Apple Podcasts | RSS | Spotify | Amazon Music | Anchor | Castbox | Google Podcasts | Overcast | Pocket Casts | Podbean