An interview with Andy Littlechild, a rail track charge hand and rail workers’ union official, about Workmates: a fighting organisation of permanent and agency contract workers on London Underground in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
- Bonus episode: Support this podcast on patreon and get exclusive access to special features and bonus audio, like an additional anecdote from Andy about what happened when management tried to sack him: patreon.com/posts/wch-5-1-andy-18323077
If you enjoy this podcast please give us a review on iTunes here.
Read a history of the Workmates collective here: https://libcom.org/article/workmates-direct-action-workplace-organising-london-underground
1. Anarcho-syndicalism – this is a short introduction to anarcho-syndicalism: libcom.org/thought/anarcho-syn…ism-an-introduction And this is a guide to further reading about anarcho-syndicalism: libcom.org/library/anarcho-syn…alism-reading-guide
2. Solidarity Federation – more info on their website: www.solfed.org.uk/
3. Anarchist Federation – more info on their website: afed.org.uk
4. CNT (Confederación Nacional del Trabajo – National Federation of Labour) – this is an introduction to the CNT: libcom.org/library/what-cnt
Edited by Tyler Hill of the Gods & Ghosts podcast: tylerkenthill.podbean.com/
Our theme tune is Bella Ciao, an Italian partisan folksong, thanks for permission to use it from Dischi del Sole. You can purchase it here: www.alabianca.it/store/bravo-reco…ella-ciao-aa-vv/ Or stream it here: open.spotify.com/album/6yXBmaTSWD…nXQrWJWUUEzgNEAQ
Image above courtesy of Albert Bridge shared under Creative Commons.
Listen and subscribe to WCH in the following ways: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Anchor | Castbox | Google Podcasts | Overcast | Pocket Casts | Podbean | Radio Public | RSS | Stitcher | TuneIn